INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: BUILD BRIDGES TO NEW HORIZONS
Senior Communications Advisor (The Netherlands) Deadline Aug 17, 2018
Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics
August 17, 2018
Duration of the Program
The Senior Communication Advisor are responsible for leading the science communication and public outreach activities of the institute. It includes advising the MPI directors and management about internal and external communication matters. The person is tasked with designing and developing a concrete and coherent communication plan for spreading a strategic message to specific target groups, and will determine the appropriate communication channels. Next to this, the Advisor is responsible for timely execution of all communication activities. The Advisor is expected to actively promote interactions with and between MPI stakeholders (PR). In this way, the incumbant makes a key contribution to the positioning, identity and image of the institute.
Read The Articulate Mammal to have an introduction on what is language and whether is it restricted to humans? How do children acquire language so quickly? Is language innate or learned?
- Designing and developing a concrete and coherent communication plan;
- Managing the Institute’s communication projects, including the development of the new website and house style, and coordinating scientific and academic events within and outside the Netherlands;
- Ensuring that press releases and news items are published on time and are brought to the attention of the relevant media, whilst supervising a pool of freelance writers;
- Advising, informing and supporting our departments in their internal and external communications;
- Expanding our network of partner organisations, particularly universities and other research institutes;
- Actively connecting with the other Max Planck Institutes and coordinating with the central press office of the Max Planck Society;
- Executing daily communication and outreach tasks, such as uploading and distributing news and press releases and maintaining a high social media profile, including on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Send your application by August 17, 2018 to Ms. Anique Heurkens (HR advisor) at HR@mpi.nl
It should include:
- a letter of motivation (2 pages maximum), which explains why you are interested in the post, and how you fit the criteria outlined above (in English and Dutch)
- an up to date CV (in English)
For questions or for an informal discussion about the position, please contact our HR department at +31 (0)24-3521208.
Find the details of the call here.
Mention that you found this call on The Insightist, Berlin.