M.Sc. in Integrated Climate System Sciences (Germany) Deadline: March 31, 2019
Duration of the Program
Follow us for a weekly update on more such calls:
The University of Hamburg is the biggest research and education institution in Northern Germany and one of the most extensive universities in Germany. The main campus is located in the central district of Rotherbaum, with affiliated institutes and research centers spread around the city state.
The Master’s program in Integrated Climate System Sciences (ICSS) is being offered in collaboration with Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, Centre for Materials and Coastal Research, Geesthacht, and German Climate Computing Centre, Hamburg. The program combines all sciences concerned with the climate system. These include natural sciences and climate-relevant aspects of social and economic sciences. This interdisciplinary approach will enable you to understand the processes of climate variability and climate change and the respective consequences for societies, including how they respond to these. The program is designed to give the students a strong background in natural sciences and modelling skills, and an understanding of the climate-relevant aspects of social and economic sciences. ICSS will stimulate you to look beyond your own discipline.
Based on this sound scientific education, the ICSS MSc program offers three tracks:
- Physics of the Climate System
- Biogeochemistry of the Climate System
- Climate-related Economics and Social Sciences
The program will give you an understanding across the three program tracks, and open up the opportunity for you to give your personal curriculum either an in-depth focus on one of the three tracks or an interdisciplinary approach whereby you combine various courses from the three tracks.
More information on the application process here. Applications will be accepted between February 15th and March 31st 2019.
Please download and read the INSTRUCTIONS page carefully.
The following documents are to be submitted with the application:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- B.Sc. certificate, or if not available an up-to-date transcript of records of all examinations taken, including your average grade to date (If available, B.Sc. thesis in English as pdf via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Summary of B.Sc. thesis in English
- A list of mathematical and physical courses incl. credit points and grades
- Higher education (university) entrance qualification certificate (e.g. Abitur certificate, High School diploma). More information here.
- English certificate(s)
- Signed printout of the online application form (the online application is only possible during the application period)
Mention that you found this call on The Insightist, Berlin.