M.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering (Germany) Deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
January 15, 2020
April 1, 2020
Duration of the Program
Follow us for a weekly update on more such calls:
The Faculty of Life Sciences at the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences (HAW Hamburg) invites applicants for the Master’s programme in Biomedical Engineering. The program is designed for graduates with a degree in medical technology or biomedical engineering (or in a related domain). Applicants should be motivated to acquire skills relevant for mastering cutting-edge biomedical devices in different application contexts and conducting research and development.
Biomedical Technology is a leading growth sector in national and global markets. Innovations are still ahead for many key technologies in the field (e.g. physiological and technical control loops, medical imaging, or assisted minimally invasive surgery). Globalization of markets and strong customer orientation create excellent employment and career chances.
A master degree in Biomedical Engineering increases employability over a huge spectrum of positions and responsibilities:
- Research and Development
- Product Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Quality Management
- Maintenance and Repair
- Training and Education
- Safety Advisor
- Hospital Planning
There are NO tuition fees for the program.
- First degree as Bachelor (in related disciplines) qualifying for a professional career or a comparable course of studies or a Diploma of a university with 210 CP.
- Knowledge of English language proven by Abitur – or Fachhochschulzeugnis (s. Auswahlordnung) or accepted certificates: TOEFL-test (at least 87 points internet-based), IELTS (minimum Band 5.5) or CAE, CPE, FCE (minimum C) or certificates about good performance in foreign countries.
- German language certificate level A2 by acknowledged institutions like Goethe-Institut
- Applicants holding a first academic degree (bachelor, diploma etc.) from non-EU-countries: Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Applications can be submitted directly via the University’s Online Application Portal. The following documents need to be submitted:
- University Qualification (certificate of qualification for enrolling at a university) including subject and grade overview
- previously obtained degrees (Master, Bachelor, etc.) and its related Transcript of Records
- Proof of English and German language skills
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of motivation
Documents you may submit (optional):
- Letter of recommendation from a university professor
- Proof of particular professional experience
Students who completed their school education outside Germany must have their certificates approved by uni-assist before applying to the HAW Hamburg. The pre-registration documentation from uni-assist must be sent with the application forms when applying to the HAW Hamburg. Please be advised that this process can take six to eight weeks, so please apply early.
Mention that you found this call on The Insightist, Berlin.