M.Sc. in Advanced Computational Methods in Civil Engineering (Germany) Deadline: Sept. 1, 2019
RWTH Aachen University
RWTH Aachen University
Duration of the Program
Follow us for a weekly update on more such calls:
In the last few decades, the field of computational methods in civil engineering has consistently grown and delivered essential tools for modern engineers. Consequently, nowadays nearly every engineering problem can be solved solely with computational methods. Advanced Computational Methods in Civil Engineering (AdCom) is one reaction to that development and is a specialisation taught in English within the Master’s degree in Civil Engineering at RWTH Aachen University. AdCom graduates are able to apply and develop numerical methods and simulations for the realisation of innovative civil engineering structures. The curriculum is interdisciplinary with courses from the faculties of Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Mathematics. The interdisciplinary nature of the curriculum gives students a deeper understanding of the key skills in structural mechanics, fluid mechanics, and numerical mathematics. Students will learn to master challenges that arise from the use of new resource-conserving materials and advanced composite materials as well as from the trend towards extremely light load-bearing structures. They will be able to assess and develop lightweight structures that are subject to dynamic loads such as wind and traffic. In order to assess the strengths and limits of numerical modelling in civil engineering, students are trained in numerical methods, the development of software codes, and in mechanical principles.
There are NO tuition fees for the program.
In addition to the subject related prerequisites, applicants must show proof of a profound level of the English language, at least equivalent to B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).The following language tests are accepted as proof of English language skills:
- Test of English as Foreign Language/TOEFL, internet-based test IBT, with at least 90 points
- International English Language Testing System, IELTS, with a grade of at least 5.5
- Certificate of Advanced English, CAE for short
- First Certificate in English, FCE for short, with a grade of at least B
- Any official certificate that certifies English language skills at level B2 of the Common European Frame of Reference for Languages, CEFR
- Placement test of the RWTH Aachen Language Centre at the B2 level. This language certificate can only be obtained by individuals who are already enrolled as students at RWTH Aachen.
More details, here.