M.A. in Media and Communication Science (Germany) Deadline: Jan. 15, 2019
The Technische Universität Ilmenau (TU Ilmenau)
Jan. 15, 2019
Duration of the Program
Follow us for a weekly update on more such calls:
The TU Ilmenau is a state-founded, higher education establishment. The university upholds high standards, both in terms of academic content and the facilities offered to the students, and does not charge any tuition fees. A long-standing trademark of the TU Ilmenau has been the combination of a friendly, personal academic setting with pleasant social conditions.
The Masters program in Media and Communication offers an innovative and integrative overview on media and communication studies, focusing on digital media. Special emphasis is given to the following fields:
- strategic communication & public relations
- management of communication processes and media
- online communication & digital games
The program improves the students’ understanding of empirical research processes as well as their knowledge on research methods and theoretical approaches to communication and media studies. In addition, students will have various opportunities to produce and distribute content for digital media. The open structure of the program allows graduate students to combine various fields of study according to their individual interests.
The Master’s thesis will be researched and written in the final third semester, including the Master’s colloquium (30 ECTS-CP).
- Bachelor’s degree/university diploma (or equivalent)
- thorough understanding of the scientific method
- profound knowledge, skills, and ability in communication and media research
- ability and skills in communication and media practice
- willingness and motivation required to carry out interdisciplinary research in intercultural contexts
- international experience
Applicants must provide proof of their proficiency in English:
- TOEFL: 600 (ITP), 250 (CBT), 100 (iBT)
- TOEIC: 800
- IELTS: 6.5
- CAE (Cambridge Exam)
- C1 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
Apply online here.
Foreign applicants who need to apply for a visa to enter Germany may submit their application at least three months before the end of the application period to receive their admission in time. For such applicants, please note that July 15, 2019 is the deadline for the winter semester. Others may however apply for the summer semester before January 15, 2019.
Visit the course website for more information.
For queries, you may contact Dipl.-Inf. Gunther Kreuzberger, Ehrenbergstrasse 29, 98693 Ilmenau. Tel: +49 3677 69-4660, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mention that you found this call on The Insightist, Berlin.