B.Sc. in International Business (Germany) Deadline: July 15, 2019
Technische Hochschule Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm
July 15, 2019
October 01, 2019
Duration of the Program
Follow us for a weekly update on more such calls:
The TH Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm, founded in 1823, one of the oldest educational institutions of its kind in Germany, is a technical university that offers a unique combination of theoretical studies and practical training. Students will benefit from an extensive company network, which includes world-renowned companies such as Siemens, Adidas, Puma, Staedtler, and BMW.
One of the largest technical universities in Germany, maintaining academic partnerships with more than 160 universities and institutions of higher education around the globe, the International Business programme offers double degrees with the International College of Management, Sydney/ Australia; the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, Seinäjoki/ Finland; and the Providence University, Taichung/ Taiwan. The programme offers students the opportunity to specialize in a certain area, e.g., Finance, HR Management, International Economics, Marketing, or Operations Management / Logistics.
Students start with basic study modules during semesters 1 to 3, e.g., Business Mathematics, Foundations in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, and Personnel Management. Besides English, additional language courses in Spanish, French, and Italian as well as “German for International Students” prepare students for their international careers. Students receive an application-oriented education which also includes special courses for developing soft skills (Presentation Techniques, Intercultural Communication).
There are NO tuition fees for the course.
International Business is a so-called Numerus Clausus (NC) programme. This means that you go must through a selection process after applying.
Places are awarded according to the final average grade of the applicant’s university entrance qualification (e.g., school leaving certificate and/or periods of study). Applicants from EU-member countries can improve their average grade if high proficiency in the English language and/or work experience in a business-related profession can be proven.
Excellent skills in English (completed C1 level) are required, corresponding to the following minimum scores:
- TOEFL (Internet-based test) 92 points
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEIC 705
- Cambridge CAE grade C
International Business students have to take a second foreign business language – Spanish, French, or Italian for German students as well as German for international students. Students without any prior knowledge may indeed start at the beginner’s level (A1). Compulsory for the degree, however, is the completion of language classes at the B1 and B2 levels. It is strongly suggested to have basic language skills before the start of your studies.
More details on the course, here.
As the International Business program is restricted by a NC (Numerus Clausus), the application process will be based on a service-oriented admission system, called Hochschulstart. On behalf of the state-recognized German higher education institutions, Hochschulstart coordinates admissions to undergraduate programs, nationwide.
The following explanations will assist you in preparing your application:
- Please register with Hochschulstart in order to receive your Applicant Authorization Number (BID) and Authentication Number (BAN).
- Register through the application portal of TH Nürnberg. Please enter your BID and BAN. Your core data, e.g. name, address, will then be transferred from Hochschulstart to the application portal of TH Nürnberg. Now select the programs you wish to apply for. You can choose one or more programs (up to twelve) offered by the TH Nürnberg.
- Submit your application documents by postal mail to the TH Nürnberg. You will find more information about the required application papers below.
- If you intend to apply for several programs and/or more universities, your Hochschulstart account allows you to prioritize your choices. If you do not prioritize manually, your applications will be ranked chronologically.
- From mid-July on, TH Nürnberg will evaluate your applications and make the results available on Hochschulstart. You can view the status of your applications and admissions in your user account.
- If admitted, you have to accepted the offer, or choose one if you have several. Once you accepted, your other applications will be deleted and places will become available to other applicants. If you did not decide by mid-August, the highest ranked program will automatically be determined using your priority list and the university´s ranking list. We, therefore, highly recommend to make use of prioritizing your choices. After admission, you can find the letter of admission in the application portal of TH Nürnberg.
- Once you accepted a place of study at TH Nürnberg, you have to enroll officially. This needs to be done on the application portal of TH Nürnberg. Please print out the enrolment document, sign it, and send it by postal mail along with other required documents to the Student Services (Studierendenservice) of the TH Nürnberg.
Find more details about the application process here.
Applications to be sent to:
TH Nürnberg Georg Simon Ohm
Studierendenservice, Kesslerplatz 12
90489 Nürnberg, Germany
Mention that you found this call on The Insightist, Berlin.
Follow us for a weekly update on more such calls:
If You Know Someone Who Will Benefit From This Call, Share This From Here!